About this course
Foreshortening of the figure is an often overlooked and avoided situation arising while drawing from a live model. Handled wrong and it can ‘break’ a drawing, becoming an unwelcome focal point. This course aims to equip you with the knowledge and ability to deal with foreshortening through practical examples and theory.
Over the course you will deal with a variety of difficult poses, learning how to approach them practically, with little difficulty. Each week a new pose will be tackled and the theories applied while students draw from the live model. We aim to help the student to break free from static ‘safe’ poses and inject some dynamism into figure drawing, helping them to take their drawing to the next level.
An information pack covering the course content will be available to students to take away for reference and further study.
- Be challenged to think of the figure as a mass in three dimensional space.
- Learn to deal with complex and dynamic poses, and extreme foreshortening, with ease.
- Learn to think of the perspective of the three dimensional figure and explore how to deal with the challenge of rendering these forms accurately in a drawing.
- Build upon existing figure drawing knowledge to push your ability to handle often avoided drawing issues.
- Teaching backed by in depth theory and practical examples of how to simplify the complexity of foreshortening.
Teacher: Alex Heath
Dates: 21st – 25th January 2013 – NOW BOOKING
Daily Timetable: 9:30am to 4:30pm (one hour lunch break)
Max number of students: 8
All courses are subject to availability. LARA reserves the right to cancel any course. LARA will aim to provide enough prior notice in the event of a cancellation and all fees will be refunded.
Materials are not provided so please view the materials page. We are developing a starter painting pack which we hope to have ready before the course commences and no doubt we will have some back up supplies which you will be able to purchase through LARA if you forget anything.
Book your course here:
Fees must be paid in total to LARA in order to secure your place. No refunds are available. All courses are subject to availability. LARA reserves the right to cancel any course. In the event of a cancellation, all fees will be refunded in full.