ALL LEVELS WELCOME
Come and learn Classical techniques working from the model and taught by experienced professional graduates of European Academies.
During the Easter break we open our studio for an Intensive Drawing and Painting School. This can be studied over one week or if you are keen to try your hand at painting, we recommend a two week period.
This course is a perfect introduction for those new to the ’Sight-Size’ method, and an enjoyably intensive opportunity for those who would like to employ their current technique in a structured environment.
The course replicates the LARA full time course with drawing from the life model for three hours every morning, followed by cast drawing/painting in the afternoons.
Our tutors adapt the teaching system to your aptitude and progress throughout the course in order to create the most satisfying and challenging experience.
Rare in the UK, the figure model pose is sustained for the duration of the two weeks, providing you with the perfect opportunity to truly observe the figure and develop your drawing.
Date: 31st March – 11th April 2014 (weekdays only)
Daily timetable: 10.00 to 17.00 (1 hr lunch break)
Teachers: Anastasia Pollard / James Napier / Giles Lester / Luca Indraccolo / Travis Seymour/ Alex Heath/ Andrew Gow
Max number of students: 28 (14 per class)
- Basic drawing materials will be provided: Canson Paper, HB pencil, putty rubbers and plumb-lines.
- We also provide clear and black mirror, purchased from LARA or borrowed with a small deposit.
- If you are working in charcoal the required Nitram charcoal and Roma paper can also be purchased through LARA.
- Although we do provide some basic materials we recommend you buy your own, we keep supplies of the materials which are harder to find which can be purchased from us.
- For further details please view our materials page (add link)
One week £395
Two weeks £750